Cool-stack I is the cooling solution for small to mid-sized racks. Connecting to the chassis through 4ft cable, the thermal control lets cool-stack I’s operation be controlled by the temperature of component in the rack. This means fans can turn on later and stay on until residual heat has been removed from the component being cooled. Cool-stack I is a 1 RU high true rack-mount ventilator. Very quiet in operation, it mounts above the heat producing equipment and pulls the heated air up and out of the equipment and out through the front of the rack. Four 80mm fans on the underside of cool-stack turn relatively slowly, making essentially no noise as they bring room air in and expel heated air through openings on the front panel. For larger rack installations with larger heat loads the cool-stack I is also available in an intake model. Mounted low in rack and blowing cool air up, with an exhaust cool-stack mounted high in the rack and moving heated air out, a strong (but quiet) ventilation current is established.
- Intakes cool air from the bottom of a sealed rack
- 1RU high intake suitable for moderate to large heat loads
- Include 90 degrees thermal switch or can accept 12 volts trigger signal
- Works with cool-Stake I exhaust
- Require unobstructed intake and exhaust openings