Dual-mode component cooler is designed for use in open or semi-enclosed installations where existing ventilation is insufficient. The dual-mode component cooler combines the functions of bottom-mounted component cooler and an active heat shield. Shipped in heat shield mode it’s placed on top of heat-generating component and provides shelf on which heat-sensitive component such as DVD player can be safely placed. Two quiet 120mm fans cool the component below preventing heat from reaching the component above. Changing to the bottom-mounted component cooler configuration is easily and quickly done using only a Philips screwdriver. In this mode the component cooler is placed beneath a component which has vent openings in the bottom panel. The component cooler sends quiet stream of cooling air up into the amplifier or other hot component reducing its internal temperature. In both configurations the component cooler operates continuously at an idle speed switching to its normal speed above the trigger temperature. Thermal switch attaches magnetically to the component whose temperature is being monitored.
- Designed to boost existing ventilation for audio and video components
- Can be configured for use above or below component depending on where the vent openings are located
- Operates continuously at an idle speed switching to its normal speed above the trigger temperature
- Configuration is easily and quickly done using only a Philips screwdriver
- Works best in areas with restricted ventilation