New Products Outfit Christie MicroTiles Display Solutions
INFOCOMM/ORLANDO, USA – (15th June, 2011) – Christie, a global visual technology company, today unveiled the newest members of its Christie MicroTiles™ solutions family, the Christie i-Kit touch interactivity kit, powered by Baanto™ ShadowSense™, and the Christie JumpStart software and media server, both on technology preview at the Christie InfoComm booth #2127 through to June 17.
Christie i-Kit Allows End-Users to Pinch, Flick, Rotate and Scroll through Touch Interactivity
The Christie i-Kit, a breakthrough multi-touch interactivity kit suitable for large format displays, attaches to the perimeter of any large arrayed display up to 16 x 6, including Christie MicroTiles, allowing multiple users to interact simultaneously with a rectangular video wall with sufficient resolution and speed to support finger-based gestures.
Other features of the Christie i-Kit touch interactivity:
- Seamless integration with MicroTiles and the new Christie JumpStart
- Simply plugs into USB on any media server
- Ease of connectivity, installation/set-up with no manual calibration of sensors or cameras required
- Recognized by Windows® 7, supports multi-touch, up to 12 touches on an 8 x 6 MicroTiles array, or 24 touches on a 16 x 6 MicroTiles array
- Works straight out of the box
Touch interactivity is rapidly growing and evolving, and the Christie i-Kit delivers an affordable high-performance solution for dealers and system integrators. The Christie i-Kit has a one-year parts and labour limited warranty with demonstration units available in October.
Christie JumpStart Software and Media Server Powers up Multiple Video Files and Applications
Easy to install and operate, the innovative Christie JumpStart is an affordable and high performance front-end content solution ideally suited for delivering informative and attractive content to 5-10 megapixel tiled digital displays such as Christie MicroTiles. Targeted to designers, system integrators and rental/stagers in architecture, out-of-home advertising and event production, Christie JumpStart is the perfect choice for tiled display walls requiring up to four video inputs and outputs.
Benefits of the Christie JumpStart software and media server solution:
- Multi-windowing capabilities including video files, applications and text on the digital canvas
- Plug and play installation with auto detection of display canvas
- Quick and easy content scheduling and placement
- Supports non-standard and independent resolutions ideal for Christie MicroTiles, particularly when output is split into several different resolutions
- High performance, reliable and professional-grade hardware that supports 24/7 operation
- Simple user interface
- Facilitates the installation of “wow factor” displays in lobbies and venues with up to 4K resolution
- Extensive feature set and content arrangement can be accomplished by seasoned designers and less-technical users alike
- No need for separate inputs to playback files or run applications
Christie JumpStart has a three-year parts and labour limited warranty. Demonstration units will ship in September.
Launched in 2010, award-winning Christie MicroTiles continue their rapid expansion into architectural, event production and digital signage markets and include these features and functions:
- HDCP1 protected video, which allows end-users to plug and play a Blu-Ray player or HDCP device directly into a MicroTiles display and scale HDCP content across the display without complications, set-up issues or additional costs
- SNMP2 functionality for remote monitoring of displays through such services delivered by Christie Managed Services
- The popular and easy-to-use Christie MicroTiles Designer™ software Programmed Autodesk® Revit® files for architects, designers and builders
- With the additions of the interactivity i-Kit and JumpStart software and media server, Christie has broadened its MicroTiles solutions system to meet the needs of customers across many markets.
1High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection, a copy protection plan to eliminate the possibility of intercepting digital data midstream between the source and the display.
2Simple Network Management Protocol; the standard TCP/IP protocol for network management.