Unsurpassed Performance - The DVI-7317 is a high performance 4K Optical Extender that transmits high resolution HDMI signals over extreme distances using a single fiber optic cable. It supports HDMI v1.4 (HDCP compliant) signals with resolutions up to 3840x2160 /30p (4:4:4) and 3840x2160 /60p (4:2:0) over cable distances of up to 1000ft (~300m).
Fiber Optic Extension - The extender set consists of an optical transmitter module that converts the HDMI signals into light pulses for transmission over a single strand of Multi-Mode or Single-Mode optical fiber cable. An optical receiver module converts the light pulses back to an HDMI signal for display on a monitor or projector.
Multiple Signals Over One Cable - While the video component of the signal is one-way, the unit also simultaneously supports extension of bidirectional signals such as EDID and HDCP pass-through. The data rate from the TX to RX is 10.3Gbps. using the 1310nm wavelength, while the reverse channel travels from RX to TX over 1550nm at 250 Mbps. The extender uses wavelength-division multiplexing (WDM) to enable both signals to travel over a single strand of optical fiber. This enables DDC communications without the need for additional cables. These features make the DVI?7317 the ideal future-proof choice for systems designers and integrators who need to support high resolution HDMI/DVI signals with or without HDCP over extreme distances.
- Supports HDMI v1.4 (HDCP compliant)
- Supports resolutions up to 4K (UHD): 3840x2160 /30p (4:4:4), 3840x2160 /60p (4:2:0)
- Maximum extension distances: HDCP Not Supported - Single-Mode Fiber: > 1.2 miles (~ 2000 m), OM4 Multi-Mode Fiber: > 2,600 ft. (~ 800 m), OM3 Multi-Mode Fiber: > 1800ft (~ 500m)
- HDCP Supported: All Fiber Types: 1000ft (~ 300 m)
- Extends signals over a single strand of LC-terminated optical fiber
- Supports EDID pass-through communications
- Optical fiber transmission is immune to environmental signal noise
- Low RFI/EMI profile for sensitive applications
- The Transmitter may be powered from most USB Ports using an optional USB adapter cable