LONG BEACH, Calif. – Jan. 18, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the new Epson PowerLite® D6000 series line of robust projectors for higher education. The PowerLite D6150, D6155W and D6250 offer high brightness and exceptional picture quality with a dust resistant design, a 10,000 hour2 electrostatic filter and lamp life of 5,000 hours3 for a low total cost of ownership. These projectors also deliver cutting-edge connectivity, advanced networking functions, and easy setup features.
“Epson remains committed to educators and students by creating projectors that not only deliver cutting-edge technology and network offerings, but are also built to perform and last,” said Sean Gunduz, product manager, Epson America. “The new PowerLite D6000 series projectors feature our most innovative dust resistant design which prevents air from entering the unit except through the filter, and exhaust vent shutters that help prevent dust and bugs from entering when the unit is off.”
The Epson PowerLite D6150 delivers 3,500 lumens of color and white light output4 with XGA resolution. The PowerLite D6155W offers 3,500 lumens of color and white light output with WXGA resolution for widescreen content. And the PowerLite D6250 features 4,000 lumens of color and white light output with XGA resolution.
More about the Epson PowerLite D6000 series
The Epson PowerLite D6150, D6155W and D6250 deliver several features making it ideal for higher education use, including:
- Robust Design: Dust resistant design and exhaust vent shutters make projectors ideal for dusty environments; electrostatic filter with 10,000 hour life and lamp life of up to 5,000 hours using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL® lamp technology provide for a low total cost of ownership; cable cover protects connectors from dust and prevents tampering
- Advanced Connectivity: HDMI delivers high-quality digital video and audio; USB Plug ‘n Play transfers image, sound and mouse control via a single cable; PC-free Presentation offers PC-less access to USB memory devices; and optional wireless connection allows for peer-to-peer presentations as well as advanced wireless networking
- Split Screen: Gives presentation flexibility with two side-by-side windows from two input sources with three layout options; and allows for videos or presentations run simultaneously on both windows
- Networking Capabilities: Projectors can be connected to a network via RJ45 or optional wireless LAN module and run EasyMP® software for remote monitoring and controlling of the projector, as well as message broadcasting of up to 1,024 networked Epson projectors and remote presentations on up to four remote projectors
- Crestron RoomView Enabled: Ready to work with RoomView software for remote monitorand control without the need for an A/V control box
- Image Adjustment: Horizontal keystone squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen; Quick Corner® allows any four corners of an image to be adjusted independently for a perfectly rectangular picture
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom allows for larger images from shorter throw distances without sacrificing image quality
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness5
With a free My-iQ account, you'll be able to keep track of the latest updates and event notifications from your favorite AV manufacturers, manage your own projects and discover new pro-AV products.
Request more information from a dealer near you