One of the most notable features offered by the DC-12 is its new picture-in-picture functionality, which allows students to view original and zoomed-in images simultaneously – when digital zoom is in use, a large window shows the featured section, while a smaller window keeps perspective on the original image. The DC-12 also offers flexible teaching tools to augment the learning experience, including up to 1080p output resolution with a future-ready HDMI connector and larger imaging sensor with powerful 16x digital zoom to display details. The DC-12 allows educators to capture their lessons using a built-in microphone for audio recording, with video, and PC-free annotation on both live and captured images that can easily be saved.
“As classroom technology continues to evolve, teachers have more opportunities than ever to engage their students in the learning process in fun and exciting ways,” said Heather Johnston, product manager, K-12 Projection, Epson America. “The new DC-12 document camera adds to our already robust lineup of imaging classroom solutions that teachers can use to provide students with bright, vivid content that will leave a lasting impression long after the lesson is over.”
More about the DC-12
The DC-12 brings many advanced features to the classroom to engage students, including:
- Full HD Imaging Sensor: Large, highly efficient imaging sensor that captures more light per pixel for bright, high quality images and increased detail
- Easy Setup: Automatically detects the native aspect ratio of Epson projectors and selects the correct output resolution to match
- Picture-in-Picture Function: View original and zoomed-in images simultaneously and keep lessons on track
- Built-in Microphone: Record audio with video lessons; an external microphone can also be used, even when the projector is off
- PC-free Annotation: Write or draw over live or captured images by simply plugging in a wired USB mouse – no computer necessary
- Application Software: Provides advanced functionality such as editing captured images, recording time-lapse photography, video web upload, and file management
- Image Storage: Capture, store and present images via 1GB internal memory, SD card slot or USB flash drive port
- Camera Flexibility: Camera head rotates +/- 90 degrees to capture many angles - record white board images, student faces, or classroom wall
- Microscope Adapter: Align with any standard microscope eye-piece to share magnified images with the entire class
As a leader in innovation and partnership, Epson also offers the Brighter Futures®program, a unique sales and support initiative available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors and associated accessories.