The Maverick series by James Loudspeaker was inspired by the legendary “Maverick” surf of Northern California-awesome, powerful, and exciting. This large format hybrid horn system was specifically developed for ultra-high output home theater applications where depth is not an issue. The maverick series by James provides ultra-wide bandwidth, very high sound pressure levels, and extremely low distortion, resulting in a stunning cinema experience. The MQ84 contains a 4-way passive crossover, requiring a single channel of amplification. Each of these models provides high SPL and crystal-clear sound all the way from 50Hz up to frequencies above 25kHz. The hybrid horn system allows ultimate control in directing the sound, evenly covering the desired angle without directing the sound too widely, eliminating any possible unwanted reflections and distortion. This LCR array module represents the cutting edge of cinema technology and delivers the high impact audio you expect from a high-performance theater system.
- Full 5-way amplified system covering 30Hz to 25kHz with a sensitivity of 102dB at 1m/2.83V
- Dedicated 64 channel DSP controller allows full control of crossover, delay, EQ
- Limiting and level management for all channels and individual speakers in the system
- Includes a passive network reducing the amplifier channel count for a lower cost alternative.
- In-wall surrounds while the MQS85 is an on-wall bi-pole surround
- Used for bass management in the listening room and, along the LFE subs, is used to create a more uniform bass sound field within the room
- For bass management, each subwoofer needs to be powered by a dedicated subwoofer amplifier