CHICAGO - August 31, 2009 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors , announced today the NP4100W wide-aspect professional installation projector, which is designed for the most demanding integration projects. This powerful NP Installation Series model is intended to meet the needs of those users who require exceptionally bright light output for large, wide-format screens, in venues and areas with high ambient light.
The NP4100W has the ability to display a high level of brightness at 5500 ANSI lumens, making it appropriate for larger than average screen sizes and rooms with minimal lighting control such as auditoriums, training and network centers. The DLP light engine ensures great contrast and fast video response times, thereby creating incomparable image quality.
To provide maximum flexibility for installers, the NP4100W utilizes optional bayonet style lenses (5) for quick and easy exchange. The array of optional lenses supports screen sizes from 40- to 500-inches at projection distances between 2.8 ft. and 304 ft. The NP4100W is compatible as either dual- or single-lamp operation, which provides redundancy in the event that one lamp fails. It features selectable settings, which allow for multiple light outputs to extend lamp life. The vertical and horizontal lens shift feature allows flexible projector placement to suit a variety of installation locations in a room. An optional six-segment color wheel is available for applications requiring extremely rich color saturation.
"The abundance of advanced features on the NP4100W allow it to run in 24x7 heavy usage conditions and allow easy remote management," said Rich McPherson, Product Manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. "Only NEC's Digital Cinema projectors are brighter than the NP4100 and NP4100W."
The NP4100W combines advanced features that extend the life of the projector and minimize maintenance needs. ECO ModeTM technology increases lamp life by up to 50 percent for 3000 hour lamp life and decreases fan noise, while the Quick Power Off technology protects the lamp during cool down. Its sealed dust-resistant optical system enables better picture quality and reduces maintenance. This enables the NP4100W to deliver crisp, distortion-free images throughout its lifecycle, even while enduring the rigors of 24/7 applications.
Security features prevent unwanted tampering, including the ability to deactivate buttons on the cabinet to prevent unwanted changes and a password protection mode that restricts unauthorized use, both especially useful in educational settings.
A partial list of features of the NP4100W includes:
- 1280 x 800 native resolution (16:10 aspect ratio)
- 2100:1 contrast ratio
- 5500 ANSI lumen brightness
- Power consumption of 315W with single lamp, 580W with dual lamp in ECO Mode. Maximum power consumption is 710 watts
- BrilliantColorTM, which increases system brightness and color saturation while optimizing color gain across the full color gamut
- AutoSenseTM, which automatically syncs with any computer signal and features one-touch image optimization
- DynamicBlackTM, which improves the black level of video for further detail in dark scenes
- Optional 6-segment color wheel for enhanced color reproduction
- Comprehensive input panel, which includes DVI-D with HDCP, RCA, s-video, component, 15-pin and BNC
- Integrated RJ45 connection, which enables quick and easy LAN connection
- Remote diagnostics, which enable the administrator to monitor and make adjustments to the projector via the network from a remote location
- Variety of bayonet-style lenses, which provide flexibility in throw ratio, projection distance and projection angle
The NP4100W will begin shipping in September 2009 with an estimated street price of $5,499. The projector ships with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the first year with InstaCareTM (repair and return in three business days or next business day exchange).
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade, large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at www.necdisplay.com.