Due in part to the continuing advancement of the display industry and breakthroughs in technology, NEC is able to offer high-definition resolution, integrated analog/digital tuner and 10W stereo speakers as standard options with this series. The E Series brings corporate and digital signage users the professional performance and looks of the latest large-screen displays in a flexible, affordable digital signage solution. Multiple source inputs allow users to work from a variety of sources and easily maneuver between desired content. These LCD displays feature brightness and contrast levels suitable for most applications, providing vivid image quality and easier viewing in areas with high ambient light such as lobbies and health clubs. Low power consumption in the E321 and E421 reduces energy costs, while the capability to adjust the backlight lowers total cost of ownership.
"The introduction of the E Series brings cost-conscious affordability to those customers looking for entry-level digital signage in their facility," said Luke Bruschuk, Product Manager at NEC Display Solutions. "Digital signage has evolved in so many facets recently, and NEC strives to provide high quality, long-lasting products that meet a variety of needs within the great range of the industry. The E321 and E421 are attention-grabbing displays that are ideal for showing an array of content, including high-definition images, advertising and news clips."
The E Series includes the following features:
- High-definition resolution of up to 1920 x 1080
- Up to 4000:1 static contrast ratio
- Low power consumption of less than 190W (E421) and 150W (E321)
- Full connectivity with multiple HDMI input terminals, Analog RGB, S-Video, Composite Video
- Built-in closed captioning, which enables users to display text information for the hearing impaired
- Built-in NTCS/ATCS (8-VSB, Clear-QAM) analog/digital tuner
- Built-in low profile 10W stereo speakers
- Built-in swivel stand, which is detachable for wall mount applications
- Multiple picture modes, which adjust the picture appearance for optimum viewing experience
- Advanced video settings, which ensures source material is displayed properly and accurately
- Backlight adjust, which allows users to customize the backlight strength, enabling longer display life and lower power consumption
- Parental control (V-Chip Function), which allows users to block programs based on its rating category
- Input labeling, which allows users to assign labels to various inputs within the onscreen display (OSD)
The E321 and E421 will be available for February 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $499 and $849, respectively. Both displays are backed with NEC's professional-level 1-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.