NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the introduction of its new V Series with the 3000-lumen V300X, an affordable XGA model that offers users the most essential features needed to display presentations in classrooms or small meeting rooms.
The V300X is designed to provide higher brightness through a small mobile projector to accommodate larger screen sizes or higher ambient lighting conditions. An abundance of cost-saving features provide customers with peace of mind never before found in a 5.5-pound mobile projector. With up to 5000 hours of lamp life with ECO Mode™ technology, which also lowers audible noise, the total cost of ownership is reduced. Its unique power management capability enables the projector to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs. This model also offers quick start (3 seconds), auto power on via the RGB input connector and direct power-off with no cooling required after shutdown. Additionally, its filter-free design eliminates the hassle and time spent monitoring and changing filters.
“The lightweight V300X is ideal for users that require projection on-the-go, with sufficient features to quickly setup, easily present and swiftly shutdown,” said Rich McPherson, Product Manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “This model is packed with powerful technologies that greatly increase functionality without a high price tag. From its Plug and Play setup and BrilliantColor™ technology to its built-in Crestron Roomview Connected™ technology, the V300X is versatile and efficient for both classrooms and meeting rooms.”
The V300X also includes the following features:
- Native resolution of 1024 x 768
- 3000 lumens
- 2000:1 contrast ratio with the latest DLP® engine from Texas Instruments®
- Lamp life up to 5000 hours (in ECO Mode)
- 3D capability increases interactivity and expands applications in educational settings
- BrilliantColor technology for improved color accuracy
- Color-coded and clearly labeled input panel, which includes HDMI, dual computer, composite video, S-Video and component video (using optional 15-pin adapter cable)
- Integrated RJ45 for quick connection to the LAN (10/100 base-T capability)
- Variable audio-out to connect the projector to an external speaker and control the volume with the projector’s remote control
- 7-watt speaker
- Built-in wall color correction presets
- PC Control Utility Pro 4
- ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
The V300X ships with a 2-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in April 2011 at a minimum advertised price of $779. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers receive an additional year on their warranty, and Star Student customers receive an additional 2 years.