The EC1S232U2 ExpressCard RS232 Serial Adapter Card (USB-based) (16950 UART) adds an RS232 (DB9) serial port to your ExpressCard-equipped laptop, enabling you to connect an RS232 serial peripheral device such as a plotter, digital signage device, receipt printer or bar code scanner through an available ExpressCard slot.
This USB-based ExpressCard supports RS232 serial data transfer rates up to 460 Kbps and eliminates the need to upgrade serial peripherals to more modern interfaces (e.g. USB, etc.) for the sake of host compatibility, saving both expense and hassle.
1 - 1 Port RS232 ExpressCard
1 - Driver CD
- High Performance 16C950 UART with maximum data transfer rate up to 460Kbps
- Fits into 34mm ExpressCard slots on your laptop
- 512-Byte transmit & receive FIFO
- Compatible with USB2.0 Full Speed throughput
- Adding RS232 serial devices (e.g. POS devices, PDAs, printers, ISDN terminal adapters, etc.) to a laptop computer that lacks a built-on serial port
- Connecting serial POS devices (credit/debit card readers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, cash registers, scales) to a laptop computer, through an ExpressCard port
- Adding serial support to modern laptop computers used for a variety of healthcare applications (e.g. RS232-based patient monitoring equipment, nurses' stations, modems, etc.)
- Connecting an ExpressCard-equipped laptop to LED and digital signage boards that rely on serial communication ports