The 2 Port ExpressCard-based Serial Card lets you add 2 RS232 serial ports to your laptop or ExpressCard equipped desktop computer, using an available ExpressCard slot.
Featuring 128-byte FIFO communication, and a high performance 16C950 UART, the ExpressCard Serial Adapter card offers baud rates up to 115.2Kbps, which ensures peak communication with your serial peripheral devices.
The serial card is designed based on a single-chip architecture (as opposed to cards that use a "bridge chip"), providing native PCI Express communication for greater performance and reliability, as well as reduced power consumption and CPU load.
Compatible with ExpressCard /34mm and ExpressCard 54mm card slots, the 2 Port Serial ExpressCard includes a slot spacer for greater security while installed in 54mm slots.
- 128-byte deep transmit/receive FIFOs
- Advanced FIFO fill management
- Automated in and out-of-band flow control
- ExpressCard 34mm and 54mm (with included adapter) Form Factor
- Fully compliant with Express Card 1.0 Specifications
- Single chip design optimizes speed, reliability and power
- Standard RS232 DB9 pin out
- Supports ASPM (L0S, L1) Link power management
- Supports high performance 16C950 UART with baud rates up to 115.2Kbps and backwards compatible with 16C550 UART
- Any other serial or legacy devices
- Embedded system coding, building, and diagnostics
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers/card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Self service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc
- Package includes:
- 1 - Express Card to Serial Adapter
- 1 - 2 Port DB9 Break-out Cable
- 1 - 34 to 54 mm slot spacer
- 1 - Driver CD